Friday, October 23, 2009

God Loveth His Children

So I was looking around on the Distribution Center website because I heard there was a new DVD set to help study/teach the Old Testament. I was looking through other DVDs and saw that there was a free, 40 minute DVD of "God Loveth His Children," the same name as the Church pamphlet that addresses Latter-day Saints with same-gender attractions. I thought, "Cool...the Church has made a video discussing the principles in the pamphlet...and it's free." So I added it with my Old Testament videos and went on with my day.

A few days later I got the videos and put the "God Loveth His Children" DVD in only to find it was an American Sign Language interpreter signing the entirety of the pamphlet! I guess I should have paid more attention to the description on the website and maybe noticed the ASL subtitle!... oh well, it was free and might be handy some day!

Life has been extremely busy. I've had several midterms, and usually around this time I'm overcome with stress, become a recluse, and turn to old addictions. I can tell my therapy group is already helping a lot because I have better control. I take time to notice things. I noticed the sunrise on Mt. Timpanogos this morning. I noticed the cool, refreshing breeze as I climbed the huge staircase up to campus. And even though I'm taking the GRE tomorrow on top of another thousand tasks, I feel peace. I notice the love of my family and friends and of the Savior.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOL. Thanks for sharing. I hope the GRE went well!